Strain Review: Jack Herer

Overview: Ahh, Jack Herer. Oh, how I love this strain. Named after marijuana activist Jack Herer who wrote the weed manifesto ‘The Emperor Wears No Clothes’, this strain is quickly becoming as legendary as the man himself. The first sample of Jack that I tried came from the Green Dragon Collective in Woodland Hills, CA and while it was still spectacular bud, it was a little dried out and definitely didn’t meet the strain’s potential. The sample that I’m reviewing here seemed to be very freshly harvested and was beyond spectacular. According to my Cannabible, Jack Herer is a mix of Northern Lights, Skunk and Haze. If you like sativas and haven’t tried Jack yet, what the hell are you waiting for? This shit kicks ass!
Also, a lot of people get confused about how to say the name 'Herer', so for the record the proper pronunciation is 'Her-air'.

Purchased From: Desert Cannabuds delivery service in Calexico, CA

Looks: These buds were light green and hairy as hell. Bigger golden hairs poke out here and there, but the buds were almost completely covered by smaller white hairs and tons of huge resin glands. Nothing too special to look at, but the taste and smell make up for it.

Taste/Smell: This is where Jack excels. My mouth started watering as soon as I opened my medicine bottle and took a whiff. Holy God does this shit smell good! Jack Herer has a very complex smell and flavor. The smell is citrusy, piney and bright but with a hint of the fuel smell common to strains like Sour Diesel and Chemdog. Same with the taste. It was very citrusy, but left a very hashy taste in my mouth for a long time afterward. My mouth is watering again now just thinking about it!

Buzz: Jack provides a super intense sativa blast, going straight to your head and turning your brain to mush. I got super spacey after a few tokes. I also got a very talk-able and social feel, but it played hell on my memory. I couldn’t remember what I was talking about two second after I finished talking about it. The one bad thing about this strain is that the high wore off fairly quickly. About 20 minutes in the edge started to come off and I could function again and at the end of an hour the effects were pretty much gone.

Enhanced by Zemanta

Comments

  1. His last name actually rhymes with terror. Not pronounced 'Her-air'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kudo's anonymous. Jacks last name does rhyme with terror, it is pronounced " Hair - Err " please spread the word. one of the best sativa strains left. I would also recommend any classic Haze derivative. skunk, northern lights, super silver haze,ak-47,pine apple express,tangerine dream,amnesia haze,black jack,super jack,train wreck,purple haze,maui wowie, trinity,great white shark,blue hawaian,orange crush,vortex, lemon haze acapulco gold,panama red, long live Jack Herer and grow master Ed Rosenthal. two of my green thumb hero's.

      Delete

Post a Comment